Biomedevice Boston 2020 Presentation Store
Welcome to the Biomedevice Boston Presentation Store. Here you can view and download conference presentations before, during, and after the event, as well as free content from the Center Stage. If you’re looking for a presentation from a specific session, go to that session, and if we have the presentation to share, you’ll see the file below the session description. If you are unable to find it here, it’s likely because the presenter has not provided permission for external use or has not yet shared their presentation with us. Please check back after the event for a more complete catalogue of available presentations.
Lightening Workshop: Wearables and Sensors: Enabling Better Patient Outcomes through Proper Design and Integration
Dr. Steven LeBouef (Co-Founder & President , Valencell, Inc.)
Location: Biomed Room 1
Date: Wednesday, September 16
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Track: Track A: Exploring Technologies Supporting the Digital Health Revolution
Vault Recording: TBD
Health and medical devices require additional design considerations and performance metrics, particularly those used in wearables and hearables which are increasingly coming to market. This workshop will take a look at this rapidly advancing market and address some important challenges. Topics will include:
- What types of wearable sensor technology is being integrated into health and medical wearables?
- What’s driving the adoption of health and medical wearables today and going forward?
- What are the key questions medical device manufacturers should ask when incorporating sensors into their devices?
- What are challenges and pitfalls to avoid?
- What successful designs and implementations can be learned from?