View, browse, and sort the education offerings, networking opportunities, and event activities by using the filters below; you can search by Pass Type, Free Content & Activities, and Conference Track. With this session scheduler, you can build your daily agenda in advance and access the full list of options during the event. Sessions do fill up and seating is first come/first serve, so please arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend.
Ken Haven (President/CEO/Founder, Acorn Product Development)
Location: Center Stage, Booth 563
Date: Thursday, April 19
Time: 12:00pm - 12:45pm
Pass Type: Conference (Paid), Expo (Free) - Get your pass now!
Free Content & Activities: Center Stage
Vault Recording: TBD
Successfully developing products with engineering teams in the U.S. and China requires people, process, collaborative tools, and an ongoing investment in fostering teamwork. Acorn has developed hundreds of products for customers worldwide over the past 12+ years utilizing its engineering teams in China and the U.S. for products in the Medical Device/Laboratory Instrument markets, as well as for Consumer, Industrial, and Telecom markets.
This session will focus on the key elements that have led to the success of this collaboration, along with areas that are still being developed, such as:
• Finding and retaining the right people
• Cross training/local immersion
• Collaborative engineering tools
• How to divide and manage the work load - leveraging the best skills of each team
• Understanding cultural differences and how to best work with them
• How to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
• Looking to the future: Areas for ongoing improvement of the team's effectiveness
• Vetting and working with suppliers overseas to improve DFM
We'll also show how an example project is worked by our US/China team, along with some of the ongoing challenges and rewards of utilizing this approach.